Ever want to go back and change somethings about your youth, no regrets but just some tweaks well guess what you can’t go back but you can start right now. Start right now and be that person that you needed someone to be for you as you were growing up. You need you but there is someone else out there that needs you as well. Be that person don’t ever think that it is too late.
I know that June was supposed to be the 6 months check up but I had so much going on that I didn’t get around to reflecting on where I am with my goals so far. This year has been good with getting things done, accomplished and in progress. I am super excited about the progress that I have made so far. I do feel like I am a little behind on some of my goals but its okay because steps are being made.
My word for 2016 is consistent. I have been so good all of my life with starting something but not so good at finishing things. So this year I got really tough with myself and I am determined to start and finish everything. I wanted to be consistent in my life and everything that I want in it. 2016 has definitely been one for the books so much has happened in these 7 months but it has been cool. I am proud of what I have accomplished and here are a few of my goals and where I am with them in no particular order.
- Daily Devotional – I haven’t been as consistent as I would like to be with doing my devotionals but I have incorporated more prayer time and super honest conversation with God.
- Track spending and budget – I have been doing very well with this. My bank has an amazing app for this and I use it faithfully. No shopping this year so far oh but when I hit them stores buddy I believe that I am going to do some damage (just kidding, maybe).
- Increase my credit score – This has actually happened and let me tell you I feel like an old person checking my credit score every week sometimes every day. Priorities honey got to check them on the regular. I actually signed up with Credit Karma and they are amazing with helping you dispute and keep track of your score and reports. Still making strides to get that number where I need it to be for some other goals that are in the works.
- Lose 60 lbs.- I have lost 28 lbs. so far this year so I am on task for this goal (doing a little dance)
- Exercise 3 days a week- I actually have gotten up to 2 miles a day 5 days a week.
- Finish my degree – This is a work in progress. I am testing out of my last classes so I have bought the study materials but I haven’t started studying but I definitely plan to get this done before the end of the year.
- Read one book a month – I got behind with this goal this year but I have gotten 3 books down and I don’t know if I will catch up on the other 4 months but I will be staying on track with the remaining months.
- Build my business and website – Well you are reading this on my website YAAAAAAAAA… The website launched on July 4th and Simply My Purpose is open for business. Super, major accomplishment, this was the scariest thing that I have started so far but I am up for the challenge and so excited to build this into the best life coaching business and motivational website ever.
- Find a coaching and business mentor – I am still on the lookout for these special people to be in my life.
There are more on the list and they are going pretty well. Excited for Consistent 2016 to continue and only get better.
What are some goals that you have for this year? How are they going? Comment and let me know. If you need any help with them I am also here to help.
Talk you all soon,