#simplythankful for all of the good, bad and ugly experiences that I have had in my lifetime because they have built me into the person that I am today and if I must say so I’m pretty DOPE. 😉 #simplythankful … What are you thankful today? (Use hashtag and tag me)
Man where has the year gone…it seems like this year has flown by. So much has happened and I am still processing it all everyday. But life is pretty dang good these days and I am just living one day at a time.
Now lets get to September, as I told you at the beginning of August, at the beginning of the year I titled my months because I wanted to live on purpose and be consistent in 2016. My word for the year is Consistent and the word for September is Intentional. When I started naming them I wasn’t strategic in naming them I just knew what words I wanted to live by during this year and implement into my life.
As I sat in my car trying to figure out what I wanted to be intentional about and how I was going to get it across to you all, my faithful few. I came up with nothing 😳. But as fate would have it I had to take my braids out that same night and instead of watching one of my favorite shows “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” as I always do on Friday nights, I decided to get on YouTube and try to get some direction and wisdom. I came across a video of Oprah Winfrey giving an empowerment talk at the 2016 Essence Festival. One of the main points that she drove home was that there came a time in her life that she decided to be intentional in every aspect of her life.
Now I was about to figure out what to change the word to if I couldn’t figure out how to explain and use this word for September and then it clicked while I was in the shower. I have to start being more intentional with myself, with my time, with my space, with God, with prayer, with my family, with my finances, with my business, with my love, and with my life completely. Although I have been accomplishing a lot of my goals this year, I’ve kind of just been flowing with the waves of life lately. So September is the month to be more intentional – with you and everything that you want around you.
Goals for September:
- Be intentional in scheduling my days.
- Be intentional with my Bible study time.
- Be intentional with branding and building Simply My Purpose.
- Be intentional in building different streams of income.
One thing that we can definitely count on in life is CHANGE.
If you are a betting person you can bet your last dollar on the fact that change is going to come at some point in your life more than once, twice, three times. It is always around the corner. The worst thing that I think you can do is resist it because it only makes things harder for you because it’s going to happen whether your on board or not. Change means growth in some part of your life. You can’t be stuck in the same spot all of the time and in my opinion that would get a little boring.
Some ways that I handle change are listed below.
Talking to God keeps me grounded during times of change. I always pray for guidance and vision … “God help me to see what you are doing in my life right now, give me understanding”. Its a simple prayer but powerful because He always shows me and I may not like what I see but its happening and I just need to go with it. In the end it is always for my good.
You don’t have to jump all the way into the change when it starts but you should be taking baby steps to get to the place you are being pushed to. Don’t resist it!!!
I have written in a journal since I was in elementary school. I never knew how therapeutic it would be until I got older and realized that God was leading me here. If you are writing while going through, you are getting your feelings out and if you go back and read some older entries in your journal you will see that you were being led to this point anyway. There is always a prep we just ignore it sometimes.
I hate to admit it but I have been terrible at this. I don’t like reaching out to people when I am going through things. I always have this battle within myself going on when it comes to me calling someone and talking to them about the change I am going through. I have recently started doing it more but it literally takes me days to actually act on calling who I have been led to call. If I hear it on Monday I am going to be like God I need another sign by Wednesday and I will do it. It then becomes this anxiety in me that is definitely unnecessary. However, no man is an island and you need support to help you through because change isn’t easy. You aren’t meant to go through things alone.
Change is happening all around you and unless you live under a rock (even then the soil changes around you) you will be phased by it. I haven’t always embraced it but I have settled on the fact that whether I like it or not it is coming. If there is no change there is no growth and who doesn’t want to continue to grow.
Get excited about the growth that is taking place in your life. I guarantee you will like where you end up.
Leave me a note letting me know how you handle change.
Talk to you again soon,
Ever want to go back and change somethings about your youth, no regrets but just some tweaks well guess what you can’t go back but you can start right now. Start right now and be that person that you needed someone to be for you as you were growing up. You need you but there is someone else out there that needs you as well. Be that person don’t ever think that it is too late.
You will not succeed in life if you are not active in your life. Success takes hard work, dedication, focus and so much more. Dig deep and grab all that you need to be successful and make life happen for you and when you make a mistake learn from it and keep going. Don’t get stuck, don’t quit because you won’t gain anything by doing that. Keep going…You got this!!!!!
Taking a step back… I know that I introduced myself in the About Me page and gave you a little snippet in my first blog post “My New Thing” but I thought let me give the people a little more. So I did this little exercise awhile back but I have since updated it. So here are 20 quick facts about me in no particular order.
- My dreams scare me to the point that sometimes I want to stay complacent where I am.
- I love fresh flowers.
- I love that I grew up with brothers. I don’t ever remember wishing for sisters but I am grateful for the ladies in my life that I can call sisters.
- I don’t want to be famous but I want to work with famous people.
- I want a huge successful business that empowers people daily.
- I want to be a strong role model for my nieces and nephews.
- I feel like I’m a good friend however I’m still growing in areas.
- I love attention but I only want it from certain people.
- I loved to be spoiled and I am quite spoiled. Thanks Mom!!!!
- I want to be the greatest at everything that I put my hands on.
- I want a huge house on a hill away from the rest of the world.
- I would rather be home with a good book and my journal than to be out and about in the world.
- I love to eat candy, cupcakes, and cookies. Sweets …
- I want to do a really sexy maybe semi nude or nude photo shoot one day.
- I want to learn how to play an instrument.
- I want to take cooking classes.
- I am super mushy and soft but I put a very huge tough front.
- I really want my family to be like the Brady Bunch and be super close.
- I honestly don’t need a lot to be happy but I want to be happy.
- By any means necessary I want my life to reflect hard work, dedication, love, peace, balance, success and all things positive especially God.
I hope this gives you a little peak into who I am and I will do more of these little exercises so that we all can get to know each other and become a big happy family.
What are some quick facts about you that no one knows? Comment below and let me know.
Talk to you soon,